Dover SustainAbility Report
In 2010, Dover made significant strides in assessing our greenhouse gas emissions. In mid-2010, we launched our SustainAbility Metrics Tool to collect the information needed to create an inventory of our greenhouse gas emissions from our operating companies. The greenhouse gas inventory includes emissions from the following sources that are owned or wholly-operated by Dover operating companies:
- Purchased energy
- Stationary combustion
- Mobile sources
- Refrigerant losses
Using this information, we also assessed our energy usage, along with our greenhouse gas emissions, to arrive at our 2010 footprint. The following table presents the results of this evaluation.
Dover Corporation Footprint at 2010 Revenues
Total Greenhouse Gas
387,000 metric tonnes of
carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e)
| 54 metric tonnes CO2e/$M revenue
| Total Energy Usage*
| 654,000 Megawatt
| 92 MWH/$M revenue
We are committed to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption. To that end, Dover is committed to the achievement of the following reduction goals by 2020 using 2010 as the base year.
Greenhouse Gas and Energy Reduction Goals Indexed to Dover Corporation Revenues (2010 to 2020)
- 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- 20% reduction in energy consumption
We anticipate achieving these reduction goals through a combination of programs, including:
- Energy assessments and energy management plans at the companies/sites with the highest energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Global programs to drive consistency and energy reductions (e.g., procurement, building standards, business continuity planning).
- Assessment of renewable energy options at select sites, where appropriate. Communication and engagement with key stakeholders regarding energy and greenhouse gas performance.